Skip to main content

Referral Link Hijacking

Online referral programs are everywhere. You can see them appear in social networking sites, forums, blogs and advertisement. People are just doing their business.

What is a referral program? The main concept of a referral program is that you earn something from the work of someone you refer. The more persons you refer the more is your earning potential. Some programs apply multi-tier or multi-level referral scheme where your earning potential is multiplied.

You promote a referral program through a unique link assigned by the organizer to you. This is an example of my referral link http://17104.powerbarclub.com . The number 17104 is my unique ID as the member of the Power Bar Club. You place this link in your websites, blogs, emails and advertisement. You talk about the link in Twitter or other social networking sites and forums.

These referral links create a huge traffic in the Internet. The people that rides up the traffic has great cash conversion potential because referral links are all about money. If we can hijack the traffic we may be able to monetize from the traffic. First to hijack the traffic we have to hijack the referral links. I am introducing a system that I have developed for referral link hijacking purpose. Please check on http://ramai-melayu.net . It is a Malay language based website. Don't worry if you are not reading Malay. I am explaining the system.

Most referral programs are written in English. There are more than 200 millions Malay. English is taught in Malay schools. However most Malay speak or write broken English. I am thinking if I can explain my favorite referral program in Malay I may make more Malay to join me. Thus, instead of passing my program referral link to them I pass them a link to a Malay based page that contains explanation and links to the original program. I make sure a smaller image to the main page of the referral program is displayed on my Malay based page to give the program the center stage. The Malay based page is not exclusively for me. I make it in such a way that any member of the referral program can use the page with his or her own unique ID to promote the program for his or her own advantage. That way I can let other members of the referral program to invite more traffic to the site.

Not everybody who visit the site will be bought over by the program. Some may click away. That is the catch phrase - click away. Let them click away on pay per click advertisement. I place AdSense on the Malay based site so that I may monetize from the click away visitors. They can be the visitors from my own referral link or other members referral links. This is what I call referral link hijacking. They are supposed to click on the original program referral link but they click on pay per click advertisement instead.

My premise is Malay explanation to the referral program that is originally written in English. You may have other premise to the referral link hijacking such as simpler explanation than the long winding original description of the referral program. Or, some of you may want to give a different description to the referral program that you love.

I developed the application for the website myself. If you want to have a more serious discussion about the application you may email me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Setting Up PyScripter for Quantum GIS

PyScripter is a general purpose Python Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Quantum GIS (QGIS) is a desktop GIS application that can be extended with Python plugins. Both are open source softwares. We intend to use PyScripter as an IDE to build QGIS Python plugin. We are using PyScripter 2.4.1.0 and QGIS 1.6.0 in Windows. PyScripter does not come with Python. On the other hand, QGIS is built in with Python. Thus, we will setup up PyScripter to use the build in Python in QGIS. We assume both PyScripter and QGIS are already installed. Preparing PyScripter batch file We assume that QGIS is installed in C:\OSGeo4W\ folder and PyScripter is installed in C:\Program Files\PyScripter\ . 1. Copy qgis.bat in C:\OSGeo4W\ bin to pyscripter.bat 2. Edit pyscripter.bat to remove the last line that read something like this start "Quantum GIS" /B "%OSGEO4W_ROOT%"\apps\qgis\bin\qgis.exe %* and replace it with this in one line Start "PyScripter" /B "C:\Progr

Sending Emails via SMTP

msmtp  requires a minimal setup for sending emails via SMTP compared to sendmail. Here is a configuration for you to send emails from a web host to an external SMTP server. Prior to doing that, you must check whether there is a clear communication channel between your web host and the SMTP server. You can use Telnet . Set up msmtp You are going to set msmtp as an MTA . Hence, you need to remove all other MTAs such as postfix and sendmail: $ sudo apt-get --purge autoremove postfix sendmail Install msmtp and related utilities: $ sudo apt-get install msmtp msmtp-mta mailutils Configure msmtp: $ sudo nano /etc/msmtprc # Set default values for all following accounts. defaults # Use the mail submission port 587 instead of the SMTP port 25. port 587 # Always use TLS. tls on # Set a list of trusted CAs for TLS. The default is to use system settings, but # you can select your own file. tls_trust_file /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt # The SMTP server account mx host mail.mx.example

fatal: Couldn't find remote ref master

If you are using Github then  master is now known as main . Whatever you want to do with a master must now be referred to a main . If you search for this error message on the Internet then you will encounter with a lot of old discussions on how to set up your master properly which is probably not what you are looking for. The master  is your problem. Rename it to main . I wrote Git My Way about two years ago. Today I created another Github repository. I got this  "fatal: Couldn't find remote ref master"  error message when I wanted to sync the new repo for the first time with my notebook using the notes I wrote in the blog. All the discussions around the error message I found on the Internet were perplexing. Then I recalled that Github had renamed master to main  due to the master-slave connotation. We always have a master copy of a code, never a slave copy. Now suddenly a word context has been diminished for good. What is going to happen to the existing vast documen